New WordPress Website and Blog Live for Global Integration
Fresh Egg is proud to announce the launch of a search-engine friendly WordPress website and blog for Global Integration.
See the site live at http://www.global-integration.com/
The goal for this project was to provide a new website infrastructure which could be managed by Global Integration’s non-technical staff. It needed to allow content to be sharable through social channels, be viewable on mobile platforms and be able to cope with content from external sources such as YouTube, Slideshare and Flickr. Existing online resources utilised by Global Integration’s training teams were to be migrated and, wherever possible, enhanced.
An additional part of the project involved a full SEO migration from the existing Global Integration website to a hosting platform in the US, in order to gain the site a location-relevant IP address and improve site performance in the US.
Creatively, Fresh Egg applied a brand refresh to the site, subtly revitalising the visual identity while maintaining the existing logo and colour palette. The company blog was also rebranded, to reposition it as a consumer-focused resource.
Some highlights of the build:
- Custom CMS control over the category source(s) of blog feeds for each page
- Custom CMS media uploader to add logos, consultants, case studies, associated consultants, articles and cartoons
- Custom CMS for navigation, footer, sidebar, video and photos
- Site minified and cached for optimum page speed
- Newsletter signup plugin to Vertical Response
- Latest videos from YouTube
- Slide share (PowerPoint presentations)
- Embedded Amazon shop
- Individual consultant profiles optimised for social media with various feeds
- Cartoons images can be pinned to Pinterest
- Custom widget, pulling in photos from Flickr
- Introduced Facebook OpenGraph (to optimise 'shares' on Facebook)
- Introduced Twitter card tags (to optimise 'shares' on Twitter)
- Utilised Rel="author" micro format to display the blog author's photo in Google SERPS
- Complete 301 migration plan
- Removed broken links and looping redirects
- Cleaned up URLS (removed .html and trailing /)
- Optimise main site and blog .xml sitemaps
- Configured goal to track the various field combinations of the contact form
- Configured goal to track people signing up for RSS feeds
- Configured goal to track people signing up for LinkedIn profile
- Configured goal to track people signing up for newsletters
- Enabled tracking of views of videos
- Enabled tracking of plays of podcasts
- Enabled tracking of Google Translate drop-down usage
Chris and the team at Fresh Egg genuinely delighted us with the work they did developing the Global Integration website. We laid down some stringent criteria and they were able to either implement or advise an alternative in almost every instance. They have been easy to work with, pragmatic and practical and kept us informed of progress, suggesting positive alternatives when we hit a few, inevitable, glitches. We are now moving into phase two and hope that they will continue to partner with us as our site develops. We’d offer them the highest recommendation, but we’d really like to keep them to ourselves!
Kevan Hall, CEO, Global Integration
Global Integration delivers training and development programmes worldwide and is a specialist in matrix management, virtual teams and global working. The company has specialised in these fields since 1994 delivering over 100,000 participant days of training to over 300 leading companies across more than 40 countries.
Share this post