Analytics audit and configuration.
Ensuring the integrity of your analytics data is critical, in order to be sure that you have the ability to reliably and consistently measure the ongoing performance of all your online marketing activities. At Fresh Egg, we are Google Analytics (GA) experts, and as an agency, we are one of only 26 companies in the UK to be awarded Google Analytics Certified Partner (GACP) status.
Troubleshoot inconsistencies in GA tracking code (GATC), self referral issues, incorrect channel and campaign tracking, incorrect use of filters, etc.
Recommend tracking enhancements including event tracking, custom variables for segmentation, additional use of goals, e-commerce tracking, etc.
All GA configuration issues resolved and on-site code changes implemented either by Fresh Egg or your existing development agency.
Testing and validation.
Once all corrective measures and enhancements have been implemented, the new configuration can be verified and the resulting data can be validated.
Fresh Egg offers both basic and advanced analytics audit packages. We also have expertise in configuring new accounts, both at a basic and advanced level. Our audit and configuration packages are explained below in more detail:
Basic analytics audit.
Our basic Google Analytics audit/configuration is intended for you if you have a basic site or if you are running or considering running a small, non-complex SEO campaign with Fresh Egg. You will either not have a Google Analytics configuration at all, or you will have one that has not been through a professional audit in the past 12 months. Our basic audit/configuration is a mandatory requirement in order to maximise the integrity of your data for our ongoing reporting and identify issues for further investigation or configuration.
Advanced analytics audit.
Our advanced Google Analytics audit/configuration service is aimed to serve larger or more complex sites and campaigns, including:
- E-commerce sites
- Complex site configurations (unusual server platforms, bespoke CMS, iFrames)
- Sites with existing (non-GA) analytics solutions
- Sites with multiple campaign sources (i.e. PPC, email, display, affiliate, social media)
- Sites with sub-domains or cross-domain tracking requirements
- Sites with multiple conversion funnels/goal requirements
Areas of focus within the advanced audit may include (but are not limited to):
- Validation / enhancement of the Google Analytics Tracking Code (GATC)
- Correct use / configuration of profiles
- Goal verification (and set up of additional goals as required)
- Verification / implementation of filters (e.g. to exclude traffic from client and agency staff)
- Validation of channel tracking (i.e. ensuring all referring sources are attributed correctly)
- Validation of / best practice guidance for usage of campaign tracking parameters
- Best practice tracking for sub-domains and cross domain tracking
- Validation of e-commerce tracking and comparison with server-side data (if possible)
- Recommendations (along with detailed code examples) for event tracking, to track downloads and interactive elements of the site
- Identification of issues with tracking code, skewed or incomplete data, incorrect usage
- Additional recommendations to enhance tracking beyond standard GA implementation and identification of areas for future investigation or development